Unspeakable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
House Points

Slytherin 0
Gryffindor 0
Hufflepuff 0
Ravenclaw 0

Triwizard Tournament
  • 1st Place: Unknown
  • 2nd Place: Unknown
  • 3rd Place: Unknown 
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 28 on Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:06 am
Latest topics
» Windows 7 Loader 1.8 {Most Clean Version}
The Great Hall EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 11:52 pm by jybmor

» Chemistry For Today Seager 7th Edition Free Download
The Great Hall EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 10:43 pm by jybmor

» Slytherin Common Room
The Great Hall EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 11:50 am by Tristan Yaxley

» Ooc - Chatter
The Great Hall EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 11:48 am by Tristan Yaxley

» Dunes Hallway Adventures
The Great Hall EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 12:03 pm by Dune Blackwell

» INTRODUCTION THREAD
The Great Hall EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 12:01 pm by Varian Lenoir

» The Daily Prophet
The Great Hall EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 11:19 am by The Daily Prophet

» Detailed Character Profiles
The Great Hall EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 2:31 pm by Quinn Cayn

» The Sorting Hat
The Great Hall EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 9:05 am by Quinn Cayn

The Great Hall

3 posters

Go down

The Great Hall Empty The Great Hall

Post  Minerva McGonagall Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:13 am

Breakfast and dinner are taken here, in the Great Hall. Food fights will not be tolerated.

HOUSE POINTS

Gryffindor 0
Ravenclaw 0
Hufflepuff 0
Slytherin 0
Minerva McGonagall
Minerva McGonagall
Headmistress

https://unspeakable.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

The Great Hall Empty Re: The Great Hall

Post  Minerva McGonagall Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:18 pm

The Great Hall rang with students' loud, excited chatter about their summer holiday and the results of the sorting ceremony, little brothers and sisters sorted into older siblings' same houses, some "jolly good"s, some "hurrah"s. McGonagall's eyelids were already growing heavy with the annual festivities, and at her Headmistress' seat, at the long staff table before the four grand tables for each school house, she rapped her fingers impatiently against her chalice. When at last she stood to make her speech, the din quieted slowly, as a hall full of people usually does, but eventually there was near silence, to which she gave a speech.

"The evening is drawing to a close, and with it, I wish to bid you a good night, but not without a few fair warnings; first, you would all do well to remember that the forest on the grounds is off-limits to students. I do not like having to repeat myself, and yet every year that I make this announcement, is a year that I write off another few detentions for being out of school boundaries. In the same vein, boys are expressly forbidden from entering the girls' dormitories, and vice versa. Save your Heads of House a bit of grief, and do not try to break the jinx on the staircases - I would be insulted to think that you imagine you might break a spell which your professors have reinforced, themselves.

"Moving along. I am speaking, now, to the sixth and seventh years." The majority of the Great Hall became immediately disinterested. McGonagall continued, "That does not mean that those of you who are not the aforementioned age are permitted to speak while I am speaking. This year may be quite different than any other term you have attended at Hogwarts, and may, in fact, change the rest of your life, if you are very lucky, and very talented. I am referring to the Triwizard Tournament which is taking place this year." A murmur rose from the crowd of students in the Hall. "For those of you who do not know the details of the tournament, it is a series of three very high-risk tasks undertaken by three very skilled wizards - one from each school in participation. The Ministry of Magic has chosen our French allies, Beauxbatons, to host the event, and the American school, Salem Academy, as our second rival.

"If you are interested in participating, please speak to your Head of House by the end of this month. If your Head of House is not available, you may speak to me, personally, about your participation in the tournament." She paused and surveyed the students before her; the older crowd looked inspired, as if each of them thought they would be the next Hogwarts champion - she thought, fondly, of Harry Potter.

"Thank you for your kind attention. Proceed to your common rooms."
Minerva McGonagall
Minerva McGonagall
Headmistress

https://unspeakable.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Lysander Lovegood Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:14 pm

Lysander sat at the table, a book on wyverns propped open. He was immersed in reading. He was currently studying a picture of their anatomy. He never did listen or care for the opening ceremony... a complete waste of time, in his opinion. He remained reading until McGonagall spoke directly to the 6th and 7th years. His attention finally wavered from the book to McGonagall; she rarely singled out certain groups of people. When she finally spilled that the Triwizard Tournament would be taking place this year, his jaw dropped. He couldn't believe that they were attempting to reinstate the tournament after the disaster that was the previous attempt. He instantly knew that he would attempt to be the Hogwarts champion. He stood with the rest of the Ravenclaws and slowly made his way up towards the tower. His mind was a whirl, his book still in his hand, he placed the book on the night stand in his dormitory... Tomorrow during Transfiguration he would talk to Professor Dune.
Lysander Lovegood
Lysander Lovegood
Quidditch Chaser

Back to top Go down

Post  Lorcan Lovegood Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:50 am

Lorcan rose quickly at the unexpectedly quick conclusion of the opening ceremony and made his way to the head of the first years, who, despite being fully conscious of their ignorance, had immediately risen from the table in order to mill about uselessly until someone told them where to go. As Head Boy, that someone was Lorcan.

"First years, this way," he announced loudly. "Sometime this fiscal year."

He could have been a house elf, and the same tone would have inspired the first years to latch onto his coattails dull and wide-eyed. They turned to follow him into the entrance hall without hesitation.

And, in his mind's eye, Lorcan could almost envision his brother - who would of course have caught nothing else from Headmistress McGonagall's speech - perking up at the mention of a Triwizard Tournament this year. It was an undeniably intriguing prospect. It would also be a shame to disappoint his twin by winning the role of Hogwarts competitor, but that was a minor technicality, and one that Lysander would get over in time.

Lorcan Lovegood
Lorcan Lovegood
Head Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum